Job Title: Legal Assistant
Responsibilities: A legal assistant’s primary purpose at VBIA is develop a legal guardian program for VBIA and draft superior nonprofit management, governance and compliance systems.
Research nonprofit governance best practices
Research nonprofit compliance best practices
Prepare legal documents for pre-filing approval
Research legal guardian duties and responsibilities in British Columbia
Create a legal guardian program for VBIA to protect people with brain injuries during the legal process
Learn and apply trauma informed practices in all interactions with clients and volunteers
Current enrolment in the undergraduate or graduate studies programs in Law.
- Subject knowledge and oral/written communication skills to discuss and document legal issues for clients.
- Ability to work independently, accurately and to problem solves technical and methodological issues that arise during the work.
- Ability to apply strong research and analytical skills to adequately gather and examine data in support of a client’s case.
- Strong organization and interpersonal skills.
- Strong code of ethics.
- Strong dedication to justice and a compassion for brain injured clients.
Start Date: April 23, 2019
End Date: August 31, 2019
Apply: Please send your resume to email@example.com