Job Title: Outreach Worker
Responsibilities: An outreach worker at VBIA gathers data, solicits donations, and distributes information. An outreach worker must combine customer service and listening skills with marketing knowledge to persuade people in the community to make donations, support a cause, and volunteer information. Outreach representatives usually spend most of their time initiating contact with the public to connect with people in their target markets.
- Develop corporate fundraising programs, such as employer gift-matching.
- Monitor progress of fundraising drives.
- Compile or develop materials to submit to funding organizations.
- Develop and maintain media contact lists.
- Develop strategies to encourage new or increased contributions.
- Establish fundraising or participation goals for special events or specified time periods.
- Explain the tax advantages of contributions to potential donors.
- Identify and build relationships with potential donors.
- Attend community events, meetings, or conferences to promote organizational goals or solicit donations or sponsorships.
- Contact corporate representatives, government officials, or community leaders to increase awareness of organizational causes, activities, or needs.
- Design or produce materials such as posters, Web sites, or newsletters to promote, market, or advertise fundraising events.
- Develop fundraising activity plans that maximize participation or contributions and minimize costs.
- Develop or implement fundraising activities, such as annual giving campaigns or direct mail programs.
- Direct or coordinate web-based fundraising activities, such as online auctions or donation Web sites.
- Write and send letters of thanks to donors.
- Write reports or prepare presentations to communicate fundraising program data.
- Ability to find their own contacts, as well as contacting VBIA’s list of potential clients and donors.
- Ability to become familiarized with VBIA’s services and cause in a short period of time, in order to be able to respond to inquiries.
- Learn and apply trauma informed practices in all interactions with clients and volunteers.
Current enrolment in the undergraduate or graduate studies programs in one or more of the following fields: public relations, journalism, communications, English, business, and philanthropic studies.
- Impeccable communication skills in order to communicate the message of VBIA so that people will make donations.
- Exhibit professionalism when directly engaging with the public.
- Strong organizational skills
- Being knowledgeable about annual campaigns, planned giving, major gifts, grant proposals, and marketing.
- Being original and imaginative, and working with artistic media
- Ability to influence, motivate, and sell to other people.
- Being detail oriented in dealing with large volumes of data, including lists of people’s names and phone numbers.
Start Date: April 23, 2019
End Date: August 31, 2019
Apply: Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org